Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Governmental HIV policy and common sense

The federal government has finally released guidelines on allowing post-exposure prophylaxis (also known as PEP) for all people exposed to HIV accidentally. Of, course other countries have been doing this for years. In fact some countries actually aknowledge that people are going to have a lot of sex and tries to help them to be safe. I'm highlighting this point to show how illogical, and just plain stupid governmental public policy can be on the subject of HIV and AIDS. Since I've been on the Board of Directors of an HIV/AIDS organization for nearly 3 years and lobbied State and Federal legislators on the HIV/AIDS issues I feel like I am qualified to comment on these matters, regardless of my HIV status, so it's likely this will be an occasional topic on this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No Charge Online Advertising Channels For Any Business"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin