Thursday, April 28, 2005

Another Mad Professah

The amazing Patricia J. Williams, MacArthur "genius grant" Fellow, James L. Dohr Professor of Law at Columbia University and "Diary of a Mad Law Professor" columnist for The Nation visited my college on Wednesday and I had dinner with her and attended her talk.

I have been participating with a student reading group discussing her lastest book, Open House and I sometimes teach excerpts from her classic, The Alchemy of Race and Rights when I teach cultural studies classes.

Wednesday night Professor Williams gave a talk in Thorne Hall on the Occidental College campus where she addressed a number of issues relating to identity, power, politics, dialogue and activism with wit, insight and passion. It was an impressive performance!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin