Monday, May 07, 2007

Karl Rove is an Atheist!

Terrance at Republic of T alerted me to the existence of an interview with Christopher Hitchens, author of God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything, in New York Magazine first highlighted by the blog Atheist Revolution where Hitchens reveals that White House presidential adviser Karl Rove is an atheist.
Has anyone in the Bush administration confided in you about being an atheist? Well, I don’t talk that much to them—maybe people think I do. I know something which is known to few but is not a secret. Karl Rove is not a believer, and he doesn’t shout it from the rooftops, but when asked, he answers quite honestly. I think the way he puts it is, “I’m not fortunate enough to be a person of faith.”
Although this fact has apparently not been previously widely publicized, it has not been common knowledge.

However, with Political Animal Kevin Drum also posting about this story this weekend, this will probably change soon. Mad Professah agrees with Kevin that Rove has always appeared to be the kind of guy who is not a true believer in anything, but was basically doing whatever it took to deliver the "W" for his team.

I must say it is odd to think I have something in common with Karl Rove: We both do not believe in the existence of God.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin