Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Senator Larry Craig (R-ID) Denies He Is Gay

Yesterday, Mad Professah reported that homophobic United States Senator Larry Craig, Republican of Idaho, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct resulting from an arrest by a Minneapolis police officer for lewd conduct in a men's bathroom at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport this summer. Today, 62-year-old Sen. Craig gave a press conference with his wife Suzanne by his side where he said "I am not gay. I never have been gay.”

An excerpt from MSNBC's coverage:
He had “overreacted and made a poor decision” when he was apprehended by an undercover police officer in a men’s room at the Minneapolis airport and later pleaded guilty.

“While I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct in the Minneapolis Airport or anywhere else, I chose to plead guilty to a lesser charge in hopes of making it go away.” He said he kept the information from his friends, family and staff, adding, “I wasn’t eager to share this failure but I should have anyway because I am not gay.”

Nor did he hire a lawyer, Craig said, although he now has retained counsel “to review the matter and advise me on how to proceed.”

“I have brought a cloud over Idaho and for that I seek and ask the people of Idaho to forgive me,” he said.

People in Idaho seem doubtful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin