Monday, January 28, 2008

JFK's Brother and Daughter Endorse Obama

Brendan Smialowski for The New York Times
The political world is buzzing with the news that both the brother and daughter of the most sacred former Democratic President, John F. Kennedy, have endorsed Barack Obama for president. Senator Ted Kennedy is pictured above at a rally with Senator Obama in Washington, D.C.
In Sunday's edition of the New York Times Caroline Kennedy wrote an op-ed "A President Like My Father" in which she said:
Senator Obama is running a dignified and honest campaign. He has spoken eloquently about the role of faith in his life, and opened a window into his character in two compelling books. And when it comes to judgment, Barack Obama made the right call on the most important issue of our time by opposing the war in Iraq from the beginning.

I want a president who understands that his responsibility is to articulate a vision and encourage others to achieve it; who holds himself, and those around him, to the highest ethical standards; who appeals to the hopes of those who still believe in the American Dream, and those around the world who still believe in the American ideal; and who can lift our spirits, and make us believe again that our country needs every one of us to get involved.

I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them. But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president — not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans.

On Tuesday February 5th millions of Americans will have the opportunity to vote for a president who can change America forever: Barack Obama.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin