Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Madonna Inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Madonna was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Monday night at a ceremony held at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City.

When I was in college I used to be a part of a faux anti-nuclear organization called The Association to Protect Madonna from Nuclear War which was devoted to maintaining a 10 mile nuclear-free zone around Madonna at all times. Since that would be impossible it would mean all nuclear weapons would need to be de-commissioned.
I still remember the first Madonna song I heard, which was "Lucky Star." I was in London, England and it was March or April in 1984. I was with my cousin and she had this video of this new singer from America named Madonna who had this new brilliant video. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.
What was the first time you heard a song by Madonna?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin