Monday, November 03, 2008

Is My Vote Lost In The Mail?

MadProfessah voted by mail on Monday night, dropping off my ballot (and the other half's) at the El Sereno Post Office in Los Angeles on Tuesday October 28th. The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder's website at http://www.lavote.net/ shows his vote being received on October 30th, but it's November 2 and my vote has yet to be recorded! You can check the status of your Absentee Ballot here.

I heard the head of the county Registrar-Recorder's office, Dean Logan, say that if the lavote.net website does not show your vote being received by election day, go to your regular polling place and ask to vote a provisional ballot, so unless something changes on Monday, that's what I'll be doing on Tuesday!

STAY TUNED.

1 comment:

Bryan J Blumberg said...

This is EXACTLY why I do not vote by mail. Rafael and I will walk over to our polling place on election day and we will standby and watch the poll workers put our ink-a-dot ballots into the vote tabulating machine.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin