Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Godless Wednesday: AZ Links God and Graduation?


Arizona is well-known for bizarre public policy proposals, but the latest news about a bill to require all high school graduates to state a faith-based oath in order to get a diploma has many people up in arms.

This is the text of the proposed oath:
I, _______, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge these duties; So help me God.
Anyone see any problems with forcing all high school seniors in Arizona to state an oath containing the word "God" in it?

Good grief!

Hat/tip to Think Progress

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin