Sunday, March 03, 2013

WATCH: Ad Shows Republican Support for Marriage Equality

I was pleasantly surprised to see this ad from the Respect for Marriage coalition on ABC's Sunday morning talk show, This Week with George Stephanopolous today. It's a very effective ad, here is the transcript:

STOWELL
TV: 30
Craig Stowell: None of us would want to be told we can’t marry the person we love.
As Americans, we believe in freedom and equal treatment. That’s what I fought for as a Marine, and that’s what we believe as Republicans. But freedom means freedom for everyone.
I didn't use to understand the importance of same-sex marriage, but after learning my brother was gay I wanted the same rights for him. He was the best man at my wedding and I want to be the best man at his.
It’s only fair that Calvin should have the freedom to marry the person he loves, too.
VO: “It’s time for marriage.” (Visual: #Time4Marriage)
Watch it yourself!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin