Saturday, July 27, 2013

30 Years Ago Today: Madonna's Madonna Released


Do you remember the first time you heard a Madonna track? Believe it or not, today is the 30th anniversary of the official release of Madonna's first album, eponymously titled Madonna.

The first time I heard a Madonna song it was Lucky Star. I heard it in summer 1984 while visiting my cousin Kim in London, England. In fact, I heard it while I saw the original music video for the song, which featured Madonna dancing with two back-up dancers in front of a stark-white screen wearing her soon-to-be signature attire of too-many bracelets, mismatched earrings, hoop belts, lace gloves and mesh tops. I think I went into puberty right at that moment!

Remember this?


Watch it again for the millionth time! Madonna went on to sell 10 million copies worldwide and featured the classic singles Borderline, Physical Attraction, Lucky Star, Everybody and, of course, Holiday. Which is your favorite?

Hat/tip to Joe.My.God

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin