Sunday, January 19, 2014

MadProfessah East Coast Business Trip

I have spent the last week on the east coast for work, attending multiple events in the Washington DC metro area. (No I didn't go to Michelle's birthday party!) One highlight was a screening of the film "Codebreaker" (about the life of openly gay British genius Alan Turing) at the National Science Foundation in Arlington VA.

Another highlight was giving a presentation at the 2014 Joint Mathematics Meetings in Baltimore, MD and listening to several inspiring talks. The most memorable was about the restoration of the Archimedes palimpsest.

If you noticed a reduction in blog posts it's due to being preoccupied with the trip (and the Australian Open!) Additionally, a disaster that struck my laptop early in the week which almost derailed my ability to deliver my presentation. The day was saved by Dropbox and me having the good sense to save important documents to "the cloud."

Anyway I'm leaving Baltimore now on my way to LAX.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin