- Outstanding Art Direction For Variety, Nonfiction, Reality or Reality-Competition Program
- Outstanding Cinematography For Nonfiction Programming
- Outstanding Directing For Nonfiction Programming
- Outstanding Picture Editing For Nonfiction Programming
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score)
- Outstanding Main Title Design
- Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music
- Outstanding Documentary Or Nonfiction Series
- Outstanding Sound Editing For Nonfiction Programming (Single Or Multi-Camera)
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For Nonfiction Programming
- Outstanding Special And Visual Effects
- Outstanding Writing For Nonfiction Programming
The original Cosmos: A Personal Voyage earned 5 nominations (3 wins) way back in 1981 and was hosted by Carl Sagan. Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey is executive produced by Sagan's widow, Ann Druyan, Seth MacFarlane, Star Trek's Brannon Braga and others. According to Variety, it has been a huge ratings success:
“Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,” which premiered this spring on Fox and National Geographic Channel and received an unprecedented rollout in 180 countries, has become the most-watched series ever for National Geographic Channel International.
A whopping 135 million people — including 45 million in the U.S. — watched at least some of the 13-part science series, National Geographic Channel announced today. Overall, it aired on all 90 National Geographic Channels as well as 120 Fox-branded channels in 125 countries, making this the largest global launch ever for a television series.The Other Half and I saw all 13 episodes as well (usually time-shifted 3 or 4 days). Cosmos is great!