Saturday, January 24, 2015

QUEER QUOTE: Obama Hopes Supreme Court Makes "Right Decision" In Marriage Case

President Barack Obama gave an interview with YouTube celebrity GloZell Green where he expressed support for a decision from the U.S. Supreme Court that will legalize marriage equality throughout the country.

What he actually said is today's Queer Quote:

My hope is that they go ahead and recognize what I think the majority of people in America now recognize, which is two people who love each other and are treating each other with respect, and aren’t bothering anybody else, why would the law treat them differently? Why? There’s no good reason for it, and so as a consequence I’m hopeful the Supreme Court comes to the right decision. 
[...]
As far as me personally, just to see all the loving gay and lesbian couples that I know are great parents and great partners, the idea that we would not treat them like the brothers and sisters that they are that doesn't make sense to me.
Let's hope The Nine are listening!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin