Friday, June 05, 2015

2015 FRENCH OPEN: Djokovic-Murray XXVII Suspended In 4th Set Due To Weather



Oh My Goodness! Andy Murray was at the brink of defeat in the semifinal match against Novak Djokovic at the French Open at Roland Garros but managed to win the last three games of the 3rd set in order to extend the match to a fourth set. Then he went up an early break and lost it. The match was suspended at 3-games all in the fourth. Djokovic leads 6-3 6-3 5-7 3-3. I predicted that Djokovic will in and I still think that he will.

I also predicted that Jo-Wilfried Tsonga would beat Stan Wawrinka but the Swiss continued his mentally tough play to outlast the Frenchman 6-3 6-7(1) 7-6(3) 6-4 in a match that lasted nearly 4 hours. I don't think I have ever gone 0-2 in men's semifinals in a major but there's a first time for everything!

The Djokovic-Murray match will be resumed at 12:30pm Paris time (3:30am PDT). The women's final between Serena Williams and Lucie Safariva will be held at 3pm local time (6am PDT).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin