Sunday, February 01, 2009

AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2009: Nadal Defeats Federer For 6th Major


World #1 Rafael Nadal defeated World #2 Roger Federer 7-5, 3-6, 7-6 (3), 3-6, 6-2 to deny the former #1 his record-tying 14th Grand Slam title; instead the Spaniard won his sixth major at the tender age of 22, five of which have been over Federer.
Roger wept.
I don't take much pleasure in the result that my prediction of the result was absolutely accurate. I do think that Nadal has shown that he is now superior to Federer, although I still believe that Federer will be able to win his 14th major in 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Losing 5 of 6 finals to Rafa has inflicted physchological damage to Roger and thus his winning his 14th or more will hinge on someone else taking out Rafa before the finals. Otherwise, I feel that his race to immortality will end up in failure and that he will remain merely mortal.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin