|Meryl Streep won her record 8th Golden Globe on Sunday night,|
but is still looking for her 3rd Oscar
- Best Motion Picture — Drama: “The Descendants”
- Best Motion Picture — Comedy or Musical: “The Artist”
- Best Director — Motion Picture: Martin Scorsese, “Hugo”
- Best Actress — Drama: Meryl Streep, “The Iron Lady”
- Best Actor — Drama: George Clooney, “The Descendants”
- Best Actress — Comedy or Musical: Michelle Williams, “My Week With Marilyn”
- Best Actor — Comedy or musical: Jean Dujardin, “The Artist
- Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, “The Help”
- Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, “Beginners”
- Best Screenplay: Woody Allen, “Midnight in Paris”
- Best Original Score: Ludovic Bource – “The Artist”
- Best Original Song: “Masterpiece” — W.E., Madonna, Julie Frost, Jimmy Harry
- Best Animated Feature Film: “The Adventures of Tintin”
- Best Foreign Language Film: “A Separation” (Iran)
The first thing to notice is the surprising strength of Alexander Payne's The Descendants which will probably emerge as the biggest contender to try to stop The Artist from winning the whole shebang.
Also, looks like Meryl Streep is making headway in her campaign to (finally!) win her 3rd Oscar. Interestingly, she ended her speech with a friendly shout-out ("Viola, you're my girl") to fellow nominee (and probably her biggest competition for the 2012 Best Actress Oscar) Viola Davis who was her co-star in Doubt.
The full list of winners (including some important television wins like Modern Family for Best TV Comedy Series and Homeland for Best TV Drama Series and Claire Danes for Showtime's Homeland, Idris Elba for BBC America's Luther and Peter Dinklage for HBO's Game of Thrones) is also available.
Hat/tip to AwardsDaily.