Tuesday, April 26, 2016

2016 Hugo Awards: The Nominations Are Out!


The nominations for the 2016 Hugo Awards were announced today and the sci-fi blogosphere is verklempt about the impact of the execrable Rabid Puppies and ambiguously awful Sad Puppies.
The only category I really care about is Best Novel:

BEST NOVEL (3695 ballots)
  • Ancillary Mercy by Ann Leckie (Orbit)
  • The Cinder Spires: The Aeronaut’s Windlass by Jim Butcher (Roc)
  • The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin (Orbit)
  • Seveneves: A Novel by Neal Stephenson (William Morrow)
  • Uprooted by Naomi Novik (Del Rey)
I was able to nominate as well because I was a member of the 2015 Worldcon and these were my picks:
I made these selections because I was pretty sure that Seveneves by Neal Stephenson would be nominated anyway so I put Kim Stanley Robinson in instead. It's pretty amazing that Ann Leckie's Ancillary Mercy continues her success with each book in her Radhch trilogy being nominated for the Hugo award. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin