Wednesday, May 31, 2006

FOOD: Yang Chow Slippery Shrimp

Wow! I think I have a new favorite food! Last night, to celebrate my return to the gym after a near 2-month hiatus I went to Yang Chow restaurant in Pasadena. I had heard from blogging.la that Yang Chow's Slippery Shrimp was the worst kept secret in Los Angeles and have been looking for cheap and excellent Chinese food for awhile. Previously I had enjoyed Oak Tree Inn on Fair Oaks Avenue in nearby South Pasadena but I think they have diminished in quality recently. I'm still looking for a really good cheap and excellent Indian restaurant, and of course my long quest for decent (East) Caribbean/West Indian food in Los Angeles has been well-documented on this blog. Anyway, I ordered the slippery shrimp (seen in the picture) and the braised string beans with steamed rice. The shrimp is succulent, slightly spicy and slightly sweet simultaeneously while the beans are crunchy and slightly salty with a savoury sauce--a fantastic counterpoint.

REVIEW: A+.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin