Monday, May 28, 2012

2011 Nebula Award Winners Announced


The 2011 Nebula Award winners were announced last weekend. The winner of the Best Novel was  Among Others  by Jo Walton, which is also nominated for the 2011 Hugo Award. I have not read Among Others and really don't have any intention to (I might take a look at it if it becomes a rare Nebula-Hugo winner). The nominees were announced in February 2012, and included China Mieville's Embassytown (see my review) and Jack McDevitt's Firebird. I have started reading McDevitt's Alex Benedict series, which Firebird is the latest entry.

As part of the Nebula Awards, two of my favorite female science fiction authors, Connie Willis and Octavia Butler were also recognized. Willis was named a "Grand Master" of Science Fiction, and Butler was posthumously given the Solstice award.

The Hugos will be announced in late August at WorldCon in Chicago.

Hat/tip to Whatever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin