Tuesday, March 25, 2003

I've been wanting to start a blog for over a year and I happened to see a link to someone else's blog to http://www.blogspot.com while I was checking the Gaydar website. I'm amazed at how easy it is to set up my own blog here.

Supremes get kinky


Anyway, the first thing I would like to talk about is Supreme Court Oral Arguments in Lawrence vs Texas which will be held on Wednesday March 26 at 10am EST. This is an opportunity for the Court to get rid of distasteful sodomy laws which makes gays and lesbians second-class citizens.

Chicago? Krakow!


Of course the next topic to talk about it is the 75th Academy Awards. It's fascinating to me that all my younger queer buddies (under 30) have no interest in the awards or nominations. I don't know if this is a result of the increase in the number of media outlets which has led to the decrease in salience of film, or what. But regardless, it was quite a surprise to see "The Pianist" beat out "Chicago" in the major categories of best original screenplay and best director.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin