Monday, August 29, 2005

200th Post and US OPEN PREDICTIONS

This is my 200th blog post since I resumed blogging in earnest on January 14th, right before this year's Australian Open, so it seems fitting that I should hit this milestone right before this year's U.S. Open. I would note that I wasn't completely specific earlier in the week about my week about who I expect to win. However, Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated and I are in agreement that Kim Clijsters is the favorite to win the 2005 US Open. I'm not quite ready as Mr. Wertheim to predict the two semi-finals to be Clijsters vs Sharapova and Henin-Hardenne vs Davenport. I'll wait to see how well my quarterfinal predictions of Sharapova vs Kuznetsova/Petrova, Clijsters vs V. Williams, Henin-Hardenne vs Mauresmo and Davenport vs Not Dementieva (Chakvetadze?) stand up. I do agree that Davenport and Sharapova will make the semi-final round but the other two semifinalists could be Clijsters or Venus and Henin-Hardenne, Mauresmo, Pierce or Somebody New (Groenfeld, Karatancheva, Srebotnik?).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin