Saturday, April 01, 2006

Is Eagle Rock REALLY The New Silver Lake?

MadProfessah sad. There are lots of very cool business establishments opening up in the Eagle Rock section of Los Angeles City Council District 14. One of my favorites was Dante's Chicken and Ribs which until last month was a great place to get ribs on Eagle Rock's main drag (Colorado Boulevard). I guess I'll have to get my ribs at Original Texas Barbecue King on Cesar Chavez Avenue in downtown Los Angeles. I'd love to hear from other Angelenos where you think the best ribs in town are.

What is interesting about the story of Dante's is that it complicates the story of the inexorable evolution of sleepy Eagle Rock into the next Silver Lake, i.e. a bohemian enclave with fancy restaurants and boutiques and sky rocketing housing prices and rents.

Despite Dante's closing, blue hen vietnamese kitchen, The Eagle Rock Coffee Table and Mia Sushi are doing fine. So far!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin