Thursday, July 08, 2010

Emmy Nominations For Lost, Glee and Modern Family


The 2010 Emmy nominations were announced this morning and some of my favorite shows ended up with nominations.
OUTSTANDING COMEDY
Glee
Modern Family
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Nurse Jackie
30 Rock
The Office

OUTSTANDING DRAMA
Lost
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Mad Men
True Blood
The Good Wife
The shows in bold are the ones that I watch regularly. I've seen Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office (just took it out of the DVR this season) and watched the first 6 episodes of Nurse Jackie for the flight from London to Los Angeles this week. Glee doesn't need any more hype so I would vote for Modern Family.

As for drama, I am very happy that the final season of Lost was acknowledged, along with True Blood. I have never seen a single episode of Mad Men, The Good Wife or Breaking Bad. I've seen Dexter but it is just too weird for me. In this category I'd vote for Lost but I wouldn't be upset with a win by True Blood.

On the acting front, Matthew Fox, the main lead of Lost finally got nominated for Outstanding Actor, as did Michael Emerson (Ben) and Terry O'Quinn (Locke) for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a drama (both have won for their amazing work on the show before). Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) also got nominated as Outstanding Guest Actress for the final episode "The End."

Not too surprisingly, in the comedy section Glee performers Jane Lynch, Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison and Chris Colfer all were nominated, as were Neil Patrick Harris and Kristin Chenoweth in Outstanding Guest roles. Modern Family cleaned up in the supporting categories as Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet and Ty Burrel got nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series and Julie Bowen and Sofia Vergara got nominated in the corresponding actress category. Basically every single adult character in the show was nominated except for Ed O'Neill who plays the husband of Vergara and the father of Ferguson and Bowen. Both members of the gay couple played by Stonestreet and Ferguson were nominated. Colfer's character in Glee is another gay character that was nominated.

2 comments:

Calvin Fleming said...

Wow! It's going to be the gayest Emmy's yet! Modern Family and GLEE are two of my favorite shows.. very cool :)

Watch TV Shows Online said...

I just love watching Glee. I have been watching it from the first season. Sure it deserved a Nomination... After all I love that showw...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin