Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ian McKellen Confirmed For "The Hobbit"

openly gay Sir Ian McKellen, 71

Ian McKellen, who played Gandalf in all three Lord of the Rings movies, has signed on to reprise his Oscar-nominated role in the two upcoming films being made by Peter Jackson of their juvenile fiction prequel The Hobbit.

McKellen joins other stars from the very successful Lord of the Rings trilogy to return to Middle Earth for the prequel movies like Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, Elijah Wood as Frodo and Andy Serkis  as Gollum.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

I am SOOOOO happy about this! I love Sir Ian (of course) and The Hobbit was one of the first books I ever read on my own. After I finished reading all the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys books, that is.

XOXOXOXO

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin