Thursday, April 04, 2013

FOOD REVIEW: b. good (Boston, MA)




Last month I was at a conference in Boston for a couple days and while I was there I checked out a local burger chain which is getting good reviews: b. good. Happily, there were two locations within a 5-minute walk of my hotel so I went there twice.

On my first visit, I decided to try one of the special suggested burger combinations that b. good offers. The "ADOPTED LUKE"  costs $6.49 and contains mushrooms, caramelized onions, gouda, and homemade bbq sauce. In addition to the burger I also ordered the "real fries for $2.49 (which for some reason it came in a paper bag labeled sweet potato fries). You can have the meat in the burger as either beef, turkey, veggie or chicken. I went with beef, and was somewhat disappointed when I wasn't asked how I wanted my burger cooked.

I shouldn't have worried. The burger (which came out relatively quickly, with piping hot fries, was quite delicious. The burger was cooked at the "medium" level (I usually like mine cooked medium well but the flavors were very balanced. The bun wasn't great, and so I took off the top half and just ate it as an open-faced burger and it was very satisfying.

In fact, I enjoyed my burger so much that the very next day I went back to b.good and had the "COUSIN OLIVER"  (lettuce, tomato, onions, Chef Tony's homemade pickles) as a turkey burger.

This was the first Turkey Burger I have had as part of my Burger Quest and I was pretty impressed. It wasn't as delicious as a beef burger, but since I have been trying to reduce the amount of beef that I eat on a regular basis, I think that it is a reasonable compromise. Between the Cousin Oliver Turkey Burger and the Adopted Luke Beef Burger I think the beef burger was better.

If I were to go again, I would probably get the Cousin Oliver Beef Burger. If you're in Boston any time soon, I recommend you try a burger at b.good!

Name
: b. good.
Location: (Back Bay Location) 131 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116-5134.
Contact: 617-424-5252.
Visit: March 21-22, 2013.

AMBIANCE: B+.
SERVICE: N/A.
VALUE: A.
FOOD: A. 

OVERALL: A- (3.778/4.0)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin