Friday, October 03, 2014

CELEBRITY FRIDAY: Nick Jonas Flaunts His Stuff For Gay Fans


Nick Jonas is one of members of the boy band the Jonas Brothers who is using his celebrity to branch out into other areas. The 22-year-old is starring in a DirecTV series called Kingdom where he plays a boxer and apparently spends a lot of his screen time shirtless and surprisingly buff.

Wonder Man posts a bunch of pictures of Nick posing for Flaunt magazine in his underwear and asks the question of whether Jonas is "gay-baiting" (i.e. exploiting) the gay community by his use of homoerotic imagery to get attention.

Jonas actually has a response to this criticism, which is:
What do you make of naysayers who say you're just using your body to bait the gay community?Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I think it's unfortunate that some people have to find a negative in every situation. Clearly my heart is in the right place, and more than anything, if they just looked at my life and my gay friends and the authentic nature of where my heart is, they'd just see that they're kind of ignorant.
The nature of where we are today is, we're in a time where we need to make strides and step forward as a society and embrace all people from all different walks of life. When you're trying to make a bold statement like that, some people aren't gonna fall in line with that. And that's OK. You gotta stay on your own path.
Actually, to me, the more interesting part of that interview Jonas gave to Pride Source magazine is this excerpt where he discusses homosexuality and religion:
Definitely my opinion and my feelings on faith and religion, specifically, have evolved over time just having seen some of the judgments that other people show toward the lesbian and gay community. It really burdens my heart, and it saddens me in a huge way because I feel like it's not our place to judge at all. Some of the most loving, caring relationships that I've ever seen are between my gay friends, and some of my straight friends' relationships are the worst examples of what love is.
What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin