Thursday, March 24, 2016

2016 HUGO AWARDS: My Selections For Best Novel


The 2016 Hugo award nominations close on March 31st. Since I was a member of the 2015 Worldcon and helped to select last year's winners, I have the right to submit a nomination ballot for the 2016 Hugos. The main category I am interested in is Best Novel. My nominations for the Hugo Award for Best Novel are:
This was a hard list to compile. There are several other books which could easily be on this list, which basically represents what I think are the best works of speculative fiction released in 2015 that I read. For example:
  •  Ancillary Mercy by Ann Leckie
  • Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
  • The Skull Throne by Peter V. Brett
  • The Ark by Patrick S. Tomlinson
  • The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
It will be exciting to see the final nomination list in early April. Last year they were revealed on 12noon on April 5th.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin