Friday, March 22, 2024

2024 Oscars: The Winners

Here's the full list of winners of the 2024 Oscars:

Best Supporting Actress: Da’Vine Joy Randolph, “The Holdovers”

Best Animated Short: “War Is Over!”

Best Animated Feature: “The Boy and the Heron”

Best Original Screenplay: “Anatomy of a Fall”

Best Adapted Screenplay: “American Fiction”

Best Makeup and Hairstyling: “Poor Things”

Best Production Design: “Poor Things”

Best Costume Design: “Poor Things”

Best International Feature: ”“The Zone of Interest”

Best Supporting Actor: Robert Downey Jr., “Oppenheimer”

Best Visual Effects: “Godzilla Minus One”

Best Film Editing: “Oppenheimer”

Best: Documentary (Short Subject): “The Last Repair Shop”

Best Documentary Feature: “20 Days in Mariupol”

Best Cinematography: “Oppenheimer”

Best Short Film (Live Action): “The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar”

Best Sound: “The Zone of Interest”

Best Score: “Oppenheimer”

Best Song: “What Was I Made For?” from “Barbie”

Best Actor: Cillian Murphy, “Oppenheimer”

Best Director: Christopher Nolan, “Oppenheimer”

Best Actress: Emma Stone, “Poor Things”

Best Picture: “Oppenheimer”

I did pretty well, correctly predicting 17 of the 23 categories correctly, but 6 of the Top 8 in my "Will Win" predictions and 5 of 8 correct in my "Should Win" hopes. I thought that Lily Gladstone would win Best Actress, and I thought Barbie would win for Adapted Screenplay but I'm quite happy that American Fiction did instead, since that was what I hoped would happen.

I've made no secret of my love for Christopher Nolan movies so it is awesome he finally has Best Picture and  Best Director Oscars! Hopefully next year Denis Villeneuve will get some love for the Dune movies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin