Friday, November 07, 2008

Venus Beats The $&**! Out Of Serena--Serena Withdraws




7-time Grand Slam champion Venus Williams beat 9-time Grand Slam champion Serena 5-7, 6-1, 6-0 at the WTA Tour Championships in Doha on Thursday night. Serena withdrew from the Doha tournament with an injury this morning but claimed it was not a factor in her loss to her sister.

Although Serena was able to win only one game during the last two sets of her defeat by Venus on Thursday, she claimed that she only felt the problem develop after she returned to her hotel.

“I had zero pain last night, like zero pain,” Williams told reporters.

“I felt like I didn’t serve well, I had a lot of double faults. Looking back, I think maybe that’s why I was doing it, because I didn’t feel it at the time. I think I might have been overcompensating.

“But the moment I got home, I did feel pain last night. But in the match I didn’t feel pain at all. When I woke up, I was still in pain just getting out of bed. I’ve had this before, so once I felt the pain I was like red flags.”
Venus has now made the semi-finals of the event along with Elena Dementieva. In the other half, Zera Zvonareva has qualified at the top of her group with 3 wins, followed by World #1 Jelena Jankovic. The semifinals will be Venus versus Jankovic and Dementieva versus Zvonareva. The winners will face each other in the finals for the last match of the year on the WTA Tour.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin