Thursday, August 08, 2013

08/08/08: Today is my 5th Wedding Anniversary

On the plane back from Barbados to Miami on May 30, 2013
Five years ago marriage equality was in effect in California and I got married to my Other Half on August 8, 2008. So, today is my 5th wedding anniversary and is the first time since then that other same-sex couples can also get legally married in California, thanks to the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Hollingsworth. Generally, this is the only day of the year I post pictures of The Other Half. There are previous pictures for our 4th anniversary, our 2nd anniversary, and our 1st anniversary.

According to About.com, the traditional wedding anniversary gift for the 5th anniversary is wood, while the modern 5th anniversary gift is silverware.

Happy 5th anniversary, husband!

2 comments:

Bob said...

Happy happy anniversary!

Bryan J Blumberg said...

Which brings up the question, why don't you post more photos of yourself and your other half on your blog? I for one would like to see more pictures of both of you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin