Thursday, July 14, 2005

Emmy Awards Nominations Announced

Woo Hoo! The Emmy Award Nominees are out! Some of my favorite shows got nominated for Best Drama Series (Lost, 24, Six Feet Under, Deadwood and The West Wing). I really like The West Wing, but before I got Adelphia's DVR I couldn't watch Alias (my favorite TV show) and tape The West Wing so I basically have missed the last two-thirds of their season. I did hear it got good once Jimmy Smits and Alan Alda went at it. 24 was excellent this season, much better than the basically unwatchable third season. Lost is simply a phenomenon. If they had to pick another HBO drama series to nominate I am baffled as to why they wouldn't pick The Wire (my 2nd favorite TV show!) over Deadwood (which I have never seen). I still think the plot of Lost moves way...too...slowly, but the acting is pretty incredible (Naveen Andrews, Terry O'Quinn were the ones nominated but there is also stellar work by the women, none of whom managed to get nominated!?). I'm absolutely ill at the thought that the only actor from Alias nominated was Jennifer Garner, (deserved) but Lena Olin and Victor Garber and Ron Rifkin kicked some acting ass every week this season.

For some reason, Desperate Housewives was put into the Best Comedy Series competition, where it's only competition is the last season of Everybody Loves Raymond (I swear I have seen maybe 1 1/2 episodes of that show, ever). The previously groundbreaking but now increasingly irrelevant Will & Grace, Scrubs, and incomprehensible Arrested Development round out the Best Comedy category.

I'll have some more detailed predictions later in the summer, but right now I would say it's going to be Desperate Housewives and Lost, with a slim possibility of upset wins by Everybody Loves Raymond and 24 or possibly Six Feet Under (It was an amazing season).

[Boldface means that I watch the show.]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin