Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Where In The World Is MadProfessah? Houghton, MI


I was on a business trip to Michigan Technological University in Houghton, MI (population: 7,708) when Sandy hit the Eastern Seaboard. Unfortunately, due to the air travel disruptions caused by the largest Atlantic storm to ever make landfall in the United States, I am not back in my usual location of Arlington, VA but will be staying an extra 48 hours in the Upper Peninsula (the U.P.) of Michigan.

It's actually a very beautiful location, if a bit remote as you can see from the graphic above. There's effectively only one flight a day out of here and it only goes to Chicago O'Hare (ORD) one of my least favorite airports in the world. I'm much happer spending my time in Houghton (where the people are lovely) than trying to find an overpriced hotel room in Chicago or worse yet sleeping on cots (or benches!) in O'Hare. (Trust me, that has happened to me before, one reason ORD is an airport I generally try to avoid if at all possible!)

Wish me luck to get back to the DC metropolitan area sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool!! My Partner went to MIT. I went to visit him in 2005 for a couple of days in Houghton (we were just friends at the time) one thing led to another and now we're married lol!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin