Here is my annual prediction post for the 2022 Oscars, i.e. the 95th Academy Awards. I really just consider the Top 8 categories on the blog but I often play the Oscar prediction game like lots of other people (on other websites) where I think about all 24 categories. I generally split my predictions into who I want to win versus (i.e. who I would vote for) as opposed to who I think will win (i.e. who the Academy voters will vote for).
In 2020 I predicted 6 of 8 correctly and last year I predicted 7 of 8 correctly. This year I have seen 6 of the (bolded) 10 Best Picture nominees (haven't seen The Fabelmans, Triangle of Sadness or Women Talking as of this writing but I do intend to watch The Fabelmans eventually).
- "All Quiet on the Western Front"
- "Avatar: The Way of Water"
- "The Banshees of Inisherin"
- "Everything Everywhere All at Once"
- "The Fabelmans"
- "Top Gun: Maverick"
- "Triangle of Sadness"
- "Women Talking"
SHOULD WIN: Avatar: The Way of Water.
WILL WIN: Everything Everywhere All at Once.
- Martin McDonagh (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
- Steven Spielberg (“The Fabelmans”)
- Todd Field (“Tár”)
- Ruben Östlund (“Triangle of Sadness”)
- Austin Butler (“Elvis”)
- Colin Farrell (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Brendan Fraser (“The Whale”)
- Paul Mescal (“Aftersun”)
- Bill Nighy (“Living”)
- Cate Blanchett (“Tár”)
- Ana de Armas (“Blonde”)
- Andrea Riseborough (“To Leslie”)
- Michelle Williams (“The Fabelmans”)
- Michelle Yeoh (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
- Brendan Gleeson (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Brian Tyree Henry (“Causeway”)
- Judd Hirsch (“The Fabelmans”)
- Barry Keoghan (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Ke Huy Quan (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
- Angela Bassett (“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”)
- Hong Chau (“The Whale”)
- Kerry Condon (“The Banshees of Inisherin”)
- Jamie Lee Curtis (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
- Stephanie Hsu (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”)
- “All Quiet on the Western Front,” Screenplay by Edward Berger, Lesley Paterson & Ian Stokell
- “Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery,” Written by Rian Johnson
- “Living,” Written by Kazuo Ishiguro
- “Top Gun: Maverick,” Screenplay by Ehren Kruger and Eric Warren Singer and Christopher McQuarrie; Story by Peter Craig and Justin Marks
- “Women Talking,” Screenplay by Sarah Polley
- “The Banshees of Inisherin,” Written by Martin McDonagh
- “Everything Everywhere All at Once,” Written by Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert
- “The Fabelmans,” Written by Steven Spielberg & Tony Kushner
- “Tár,” Written by Todd Field
- “Triangle of Sadness,” Written by Ruben Östlund
Post a Comment