Monday, February 21, 2005

My Oscar Winner Predictions

A month ago I made predictions which were 75% correct for which actors and films would be nominated for Oscars. Although I didn't make predictions on Grammy nominations, I did make predictions on the winners, and went 2 for 4 in the most prestigious categories (and other people agree with me that Alicia Keys was robbed and that Maroon 5 sucks).

Anyway, the good folks at OscarWatch have a pretty cool chart which summarizes what the consensus is out there about who will win what on Sunday February 27th. Having finally seen all the Best Picture nominees, here are my predictions:
Best Picture: Million Dollar Baby
Best Director: Clint Eastwood
Best Actor: Jamie Foxx
Best Actress: Annette Bening
Best Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman
Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
Best Original Screenplay: Eternal Sunshine
of the Spotless Mind

Best Adapted Screenplay: Sideways
I know, I know, everyone thinks that Hillary Swank is going to win again, but I just have a feeling that Mrs. Warren Beatty will pull it out. I won't be unhappy if Hillary wins, because she was truly amazing in the part. As for all the rest of my predictions, they are pretty much in line with other people's, and I think they are all deserved. For sentimental reasons, I wouldn't be unhappy if Martin Scorsese won Best Director for the first time, since Clint already has one, for the amazing "Unforgiven."

1 comment:

Apuuli said...

Those may be your predictions, but here are my picks:

Best Picture: Ray
Best Director: Clint Eastwood
Best Actor: Jamie Foxx
Best Actress: Hillary Swank
Best supporting Actor.... no opinion
Best supporting actress: Cate Blanchett (long overdue!)
Best original Screen play: Eternal sunshine or Hotel Rwanda
Best Adapted screenplay... no opinion

I guess that's it

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin