Monday, February 19, 2007

Smokey Responds To Dreamgirls Criticism Reports

As Mad Professah blogged about last week, Smokey Robinson has been quoted in the press recently "dissing" Dreamgirls. In Sunday's Los Angeles Times Mr. Robinson has a letter to the editor published which reads:
MY comments in Chris Lee's Fast Tracks column ["Smokey Puts Film Under Fire," Feb. 4] made it sound as though I have particular issues with the cast of the movie "Dreamgirls." In particular Beyoncé Knowles, Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx. I don't. I love and admire all of them. They are some of our brightest young stars. My prayer for them is that they continue to shine and reach orbital heights. I consider them to be my friends. I am very proud of what they have accomplished and wish them only continued success.

My issues have always only been with the creators and the makers of this film. Motown is an institution all Americans can be proud of and to see it distorted by someone who wasn't even there and who had nothing to do with it disturbs me.

SMOKEY ROBINSON

Los Angeles
So, basically Smokey is saying that he's not speaking ill of fellow Black entertainers, just the evil White people who are behind the scenes exploiting them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin