Thursday, February 21, 2013

FOOD REVIEW: Aki Sushi (Los Angeles, CA)


I used to not like sushi very much but my tastes have matured and now I quite enjoy it, although I still stick to "basic" fish like salmon, tuna, shrimp, crab. One of the places that has convinced me to have sushi pretty regularly is Aki Sushi & Roll in the Hermon section of North East Los Angeles which is very near my house.

The Other Half and I eat there pretty often, probably every few months or so. Last Friday while I was in Los Angeles for the President's Day holiday we ate at our local sushi place. We were starving so we got four rolls (from top to bottom in the picture): "Monterey Roll" (in: california roll. out: salmon, avocado), "Sexy Roll" (in: shrimp tempura. out: ahi tuna),  "Caterpillar Roll" ( in: california roll. out: freshwater eel, avocado) and a special Mystery Roll whose name I can't remember.

We basically have the Sexy Roll every time we come here (it is like a permanent Daily Special). The Mystery Roll was pretty similar to the Monterey Roll except it had a sweet teriyaki sauce on it as well as having shrimp and crab inside instead of a california roll.

The regular rolls are about $8 and the special rolls are about $10-$12. Not exactly a cheap lunch but not overly pricey either. If you live near to Hermon (i.e. El Sereno, South Pasadena, Highland Park, Eagle Rock) this is a good place to check out for some good sushi in a very casual setting.
Location: 5916 Monterey Rd Los Angeles, CA 90042‎.
Contact: 323-256-0067.
Visit: February 15, 2013 (and many other times).

AMBIANCE: B+.
SERVICE: A-.
VALUE: A.
FOOD: A-. 

OVERALL: A- (3.67/4.0)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin