Friday, July 07, 2006

WIMBLEDON 2006: Men's Semifinals Predictions

I don't usually blog about men's tennis, but what the heck!

Roger Federer SUI (1) vs. Jonas Bjorkman SWE. Bjorkman has done very well to get to his second Grand Slam semifinal (1997 US Open) at the ripe old age of 34. He is one of the best doubles players in the world and has been for years. However, Federer will not be denied his 4th straight Wimbledon final.
WHO I THINK WILL WIN: Federer (in 3 sets).
WHO I WANT TO WIN: Federer.

Rafael Nadal ESP (2) vs. Marcos Baghdatis CYP (18). Amazingly, Nadal has played his last three of his five matches against fellow left-handers (Bogdanovich, Labadze and Nieminen) in this Wimbledon. However, he will face his toughest test (apologies to Mr. Graf) against the rapidly improving Cypriot, who has already been in a Grand Slam final this year. I do think that Nadal will figure out some way to win this match, but it should be a nailbiter.
WHO I THINK WILL WIN: Nadal (in 5 sets).
WHO I WANT TO WIN: Baghdatis.
.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin