Friday, October 27, 2006

Black Grey's Anatomy Star Apologizes For Homophobic Remark

Grey's Anatomy star Isaiah Washington issued a statement on Thursday apologizing for the homophobic slurs he hurled at newly out co-star T.R. Knight during an altercation with another co-star, Patrick Dempsey, last week. Here is the text of the statement"
"I sincerely regret my actions and the unfortunate use of words during the recent incident on set. Both are beneath my own personal standards and do not reflect the great personal regard I have for my fellow cast mates and crew, whom I believe to be some of the most talented in the entertainment industry. I have nothing but respect for my coworkers, as people and artists, and have apologized personally to everyone involved."
I think it is very cool that Mr. Washington apologized so quickly and meaningfully for his hurtful remarks. Now, let's hope he puts his actions where his words are and appears at some kind of LGBT event in the near future. We will be watching!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin