Friday, October 20, 2006

BookMooching Is Fun

Thanks to Terrance at Republic of T I checked out bookmooch.com a few weeks ago. He had a post on August 15th (a mere 9 days after the service launched!) titled "Mooching Books" which caught my eye.

So far I have mooched 2 books and had 5 books mooched from me. I currently have 4 pending mooch requests: Brown Girl in the Ring by Nalo Hopkinson, Shadow Puppets by Orson Scott Card, The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman, Rag and Bone by Michael Nava.

Mooched
  1. A Fire Upon The Deep by Vernor Vinge
  2. A Deepness in the Sky by Vernor Vinge

Sent

  1. Shadow of the Giant by Orson Scott Card
  2. Old Man's War by John Scalzi
  3. Intuition by Allegra MacDonald
  4. The Tipping Point by Malcold Gladwell
  5. The Lne of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst

It's actually pretty fun to send complete strangers your unwanted books (it only cost about 2 dollars, usually less to send a book using the U.S. Postal Service media mail rate) in order to have the opportunity to ask other complete strangers to send me their unwanted books.

Just this week, the founder of BookMooch.com, John Buckman sent out an email with some interesting statistics about the site (that's how I discovered the website had only been live since early August).

Check out bookmooch.com and let me know what you think!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin