Thursday, October 26, 2006

Democratic Black Senate Candidate Criticizes NJ Marriage Ruling

U.S. Representative Harold Ford, Jr., a rising star in the Democratic party and its candidate in the highly contested race for retiring Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist's Tennessee U.S. Senate seat has issued the following statement on yesterday's New Jersey marriage decision:
"I do not support the decision today reached by the New Jersey Supreme Court regarding gay marriage. I oppose gay marriage, and have voted twice in Congress to amend the United States Constitution to prohibit same-sex marriage. This November there's a referendum on the Tennessee ballot to ban same-sex marriage - I am voting for it."

This has not gone down well with commenters at DailyKos. Over 1000 commenters have responded to Markos Moulitsas Zuniga's comment "Yeah, I want Ford to win. But I won't cry when he doesn't."

Amen to that!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin