Friday, November 10, 2006

FOOD: Tigeorge's Chicken

Faithful readers know my Ongoing Quest For Excellent Caribbean Food West Of The Mississippi. Sadly, the reason the quest is "ongoing" because it has been spectacularly unsuccessful so far. I have discovered and favourably reviewed Joan and Sisters, a Belizean restaurant.

A while back I made it to Tigeorge's Chicken (309 North Glendale Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028, 213-353-9994) in Echo Park. I had heard good things about this Haitian Restaurant and it did not disappoint.

I had the lunch special (available between 11am and 3pm), the 1/4 Chicken with Rice and Beans and Salad for $6.75 (pictured above to the left). In addition I could not resist an appetizer of Sweet Plantains for $2.50 (pictured above, to the right).

The food was amazing. The chicken was tender and juicy with a just-right crispy skin. The salad (and I hate salad) was actually pretty yummy, with a piquant dressing which complemented the comforting rice and peas. Then there was the sweet plantains which were perfectly fried to a diabetic-shock level of sweetness (as they should be!) Needless to say, I cleaned my plate, but brought some plantains home for the other half.

GRADE: A.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin