Tuesday, August 21, 2007

REVIEW: Transformers

Mad Professah saw director cum racist hack Michael Bay's latest summer blockbuster several weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. Although the visual effects are flawless, the script (by Alias producer-writers Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci) is surprisingly insipid and star Shia LaBoeuf is completely uninteresting to this reviewer. All I could keep thinking as I kept looking at my cellphone to check the time was "I am not in the target demographic of this film." But even if I was, I don't see how the film would be enjoyable to anyone. Clearly others do not agree with me. Unfortunately, since the film has grossed over 300 million dollars domestically the producers have already announced at least one sequel in the works. Wild horses couldn't drag me to see it, especially in 2009 or 2010.



GRADE: D-.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin