Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is Roger Federer Gay? Apparently Not!


World #2 Roger Federer confirmed earlier this week that he and his longtime companion/girlfriend/fiancee Mirka Vavrinec are expecting their first child this summer. The 13-time Grand Slam champion insisted (impending) fatherhood will not alter his motivation to play tennis:

“I think it’s not going to really disturb my mind-set on tennis a whole lot. I’ve always made sure that my schedule is (arranged with time to) get away from tennis a little but and then come back when I’m ready to play again.

“If it does something to me, I think it’s going to motivate me to play for a long time.”

[...]

"I’ve been thinking about something like this happening for the last two or three years.

“For me, this is not a massive shock. But when it does happen (and) your girlfriend-wife is pregnant, it definitely changes your mind-set. All of a sudden you’re hoping everything goes well, whereas before you’re just joking about it. From that respect, I’m excited that the baby comes out healthy and everything goes OK. Other than that, it’s just happiness. And all the people around me, all the people I talk to, everybody is like, ‘Wow, it’s such great news.’

“It’s a nice time. And yeah, the baby is due in summer. Summer is a big word, yeah. I’m not going to say anymore.”

So apparently Roger Federer is not gay. I never really thought that he was. From the above quote, apparently he and Mirka have been eschewing birth control for "two or three years." Interesting.
So which do you think comes first, a child or his 14th major title? (And which do you think he wants more?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the timing of the birth of the child just coincidentally near the times of the French Open? At least he would not have to come up with any answer as to why he can't win that tournament, yet again!!!
Coincidental, or ?

'arry said...

Wonderful for him, having a child is such a sweet experience...I should know, I myself and my gay lover have four kids each...

Anonymous said...

Hey Carter, what do you think of Roger's timing now? I m sure you've had time to reflect on what you said.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin