Sunday, April 06, 2008

Mariah Carey Gets Record 18th #1 Single


Mariah Carey earned her eighteenth #1 single this week with "Touch My Body," moving ahead of Elvis Presley as the artist with the most #1 singles of all time, but still lags two behind The Beatles.

Mariah's 18 #1 singles are:
  1. Vision of Love
  2. Love Takes Time
  3. Someday
  4. I Don't Wanna Cry
  5. Emotions
  6. I'll Be There
  7. Dreamlover
  8. Hero
  9. Fantasy
  10. One Sweet Day
  11. Always Be My Baby
  12. Honey
  13. My All
  14. Heartbreaker
  15. Thank God I Found You
  16. We Belong Together
  17. Don't Forget About Us
  18. Touch My Body
Interestingly, some of these are not some of her best songs ("Heartbreaker"?) but her first "Vision of Love" is one of the all-time great singles. Other favorites of mine (from this list only) would be "Someday," "Emotions," "My All," "Always Be My Baby" and "We Belong Together."

It is possible that with the release of her 11th studio album, E=MC2 on Tuesday April 15th she will be able to tie or surpass The Beatles.

1 comment:

Wonder Man said...

I hope she return to her early roots, she's trying too hard right now

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin