Friday, December 18, 2009

Celebrity Friday: JR Rolley



Thanks to fellow Black gay blogger LOL Darian, I have been alerted to these pictures of JR Rolley, an African-American actor and model who is openly gay. According to Darian, Rolley says of his role in the indie film Four-Letter Word, "I'm proud to be a black gay male and to be able to play a positive role model who is also a black gay male is rare. I'm very thankful."

We're thankful for those chiseled abs, though I find it curious there aren't more photographers clamoring to shoot pictures of this beautiful black man, especially since Australia's DNA Magazine has recently named him one of the sexiest men of the year.

4 comments:

adrian said...

wow...just wow

Wonder Man said...

I agree

Anonymous said...

i actually had the displeasure of meeting j.r. rolley. we met under casual circumstances and i spoke of being in the arts. for him being open, honest and transparent, instead of realizing a networking opportunity and sharing that he also is an artist in the same medium, he told me that he worked as a building inspector, and to add to the humiliation, told me as we continued to converse that he'd like to add me to his list of ciphers, a term i was unfamiliar with. when i asked what that meant, he said his circle of friends. needless to say, after a week or so when i called to see if he wanted to hang out (he also is a dog owner and thought our dogs would get along) he said he had plans but we'd catch up later. i reached out again to no avail and never heard from him. long story short, i heard the term cipher on a TV show and to my surprise it was a synonym for ghost. this man had no intention of creating and/or developing a friendship with me and only showed his true colors by humiliating and embarrassing me under the guise of being a "nice guy". for all his outer beauty i found him internally ugly and the experience has left me feeling hurt, disappointed and lied to. i can't support someone, gay or not, who, under the guise of being "smart" would hurt someone like that. i wish him well, but unless we cross paths and/or he apologizes to me (i am a forgiving person) i doubt we will ever be friends, and our industry is a very small community.

Anonymous said...

recently i left a post about my meeting j.r. and spoke of my disappointment. since that time we actually have connected and the short story is: all is well. redemption has been made and i glad to say that while we aren't yet at the friend stage, i do believe we will be able to develop a cordial and professional relationship that can possibly lead to friendship as well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin