Wednesday, August 08, 2012

READ: Letter from Father Disowning His Gay Son


This letter from a homophobic father disowning his gay son has gone viral. Here is the text of the letter, which was posted to Reddit by user regbarc (the son):

"James: This is a difficult but necessary letter to write. I hope your telephone call was not to receive my blessing for the degrading of your lifestyle. I have fond memories of our times together, but that is all in the past. Don’t expect any further conversations With me. No communications at all. I will not come to visit, nor do I want you in my house. You’ve made your choice though Wrong it may be. God did not intend for this unnatural lifestyle. If you choose not to attend my funeral, my friends and family will understand. Have a good birthday and good life. No present exchanges will be accepted. Goodbye, Dad."
What do you think should be the proper reaction to a letter like this?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin